Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hubba hubba.

I’ve been away for a long time, I know. In my absence, I have been busy setting up a private equity fund, and that certainly took up a bit of my time.

I guess there’s the inevitable trade-off: either you spend more time on work, or you give in to your indulgences.

And I have to admit: while I had been busy running around getting things up to speed, certainly the last thing on my mind was finding someone to fuck—and other than the regular girlfriend, I didn’t really go out there to meet new people.

Although I have to say I wish I had. I went to the pub yesterday and tried to do a little pick-up just to see if I could get lucky, and I realised I’m a little rusty. Not that I was turned down, no, but certainly beyond the casual chat over drinks, I just didn’t feel like setting out to get the woman in bed.

I wonder if she was thinking there’s something wrong with this guy: he came, set himself up, and then just when she thought there’d be an invitation over to my place, I backed off, gave her a name card and just said, “let’s catch up some other day.”

Anti-climatic, I guess, but then again, she wasn’t exactly someone I’d put in my “To Do” list (literally, that is).

Well I’m back in the hunt, and we’ll see what comes up then.

No comments:

Post a Comment